Dental Surgeon and Implantologist
Dr. Pillai graduated in 1999 from Bangalore University in India and completed his specialty training in Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology from Mumbai University in 2004. He successfully challenged the NDEB equivalency process in 2019 and went on to acquire the general dentist license in British Columbia. He is also a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology, Chicago, USA.
He has been placing Dental Implants since 2001, and thus, brings vast experience in not just oral implantology and surgical procedures associated with it but also his keenness to learn keeps him at the cutting edge of latest developments in his professional sphere. As much as he is an avid student, he’s a passionate teacher. He’s the Chief mentor for ACJ in Dentart Training Academy, BC.
On the other hand, he is the caring and affectionate doctor who puts the patient’s welfare ahead of everything else, in fact, he ensures that each and every procedure undertaken is utmost painless.
In his spare time, he loves to chill out with his family, and close friends. He enjoys outdoor activities, traveling, hiking, and music.
BDS (1998, Bangalore University, India)
MDS( 2004,Mumbai University, India, Sub: Oral Surgery)
FICOI (2019, Fellow of Int Congress of Oral Implantology, Chicago)
Member of- ICOI,AOMSI,AGD,ISOI
Frequently Asked Questions
Proven expertise in motivating the patients for various dental treatments. I have Sixteen years of experience as an Implantologist and Oral Surgeon in India, with in depth knowledge of patient care as well as the implant surgeries. I have been a Dental Council of India Recognized Professor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and was the Head of Department of Oral Surgery and Implantology, in Daswani Dental College, India for three years from 2012-2014 . I have extensive experience, planning, leading and delivering scientific talks/seminars about Implant Based dental treatments and Oral surgical concepts including a sound knowledge Bone Augmentation and Full Mouth rehabilitation.
- Exceptional treatment Planning, Patient and time management skills with a keen view for overall well-being of both the patient and practice
- Excellent patient and staff communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and to contribute in every aspect in a team environment.
- Possess a result-oriented attitude with excellent problem-solving skills an exceptional eye for detail and
- Outstanding ability to adapt to innovative technology and skillful with computers
- Strive for excellence at all the times by adopting newer developments in dental Implantology by attending scientific seminars, conferences, membership of academic bodies and CE.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and a quick learner
- Innovative training and professional development with experience in scientific research, private practice in General dentistry and teaching undergraduate students.
Summary of Dental Implantology and surgical Skills
✧ Surgical placement of Implants from simple to complicated cases both freehand and Guided.
✧ Placement of sub-nasal, sinus, pterygoid and Zygomatic Implants
✧ Direct and Indirect sinus lift procedures for Implants including MITSA
✧ Autogenous and allogenous bone grafting including Guided bone Regenerations and tenting
✧ Ridge augmentation Procedures including ridge expansion and splitting
✧ Use of Platelet rich fibrin of bone augmentation and enhance soft tissue healing
✧ Implant supported full mouth rehabilitation such as Hybrid Dentures, Bar and clip attachments Malo Bridges
✧ CBCT analysis and comprehensive treatment planning towards implant installation and prosthetic designing based on patient needs and presentation.
✧ Routine oral surgical procedures like complicated exodontia, disimpaction procedures apicectomies etc
✧ Intra oral soft and hard tissue procedures for cosmetic enhancement such as Apical displaced flaps and pin hole recession management surgeries.
✧.Comprehensive management of TMD and TMJ disk Derangement, with transitional and
✧ Management of oro-antral fistula and chronic sinusitis.
✧ Preprosthetic Surgeries from alveoloplasties to lip switch and other sulcus extension procedures. Frenectomies and surgical management of epulis Fissuratum.
✧ PRF- for augmenting hard and soft tissues
✧ Fluent in English, Hindi, Tamil. Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi.
- National Dental Examining Board of Canada 2019
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery 1998, Bangalore University, Karnataka, India.
- Master of Dental Surgery 2004, Mumbai University, Maharashtra, India. Sub: Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology.
- Fellow of International Society of Oral Implantology, 2019 Chicago
- Lecturer/ Instructor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Gen Anatomy. KLE Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore Karnataka, India 1999- 2001
- Senior Lecturer In Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Govt dental college and Hosp Mumbai- Maharashtra, India 2004-2005
- Lecturer/ Reader/Assnt Professor in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery in various private dental colleges in India 2006-2012
- Chief Oral Surgeon and Implantologist, proprietor at Dr.Pillai’s Dental and Surgical
located at Vikhroli, Kanjurmarg and Powai, Mumbai, India 2004 – 2020.
- Chief Mentor for Dentart ACJ course at Dentart Training Academy Inc ,Delta BC
- Chief Oral Implantologist at Viceroy Dental Clinic ,Delta, BC
- Delivered Scientific and professional lectures at various dental and specialty associations such as Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India
- Presented the following papers-
1) Know AIDS for No AIDS- HIV and its prevention in Dental Practice Harmony 2002- Govt Dental College Mumbai II Prize.
2) Wisdom teeth Impactions and their management, Harmony 2002- Govt Dental College Mumbai
3) Oro antral fistula as a dental complication its prevention and management – Harmony 2002- Govt Dental College Mumbai
4) 3-D CT Scans as an advanced diagnostic tool in maxillofacial surgery. Mid term national conference of the Association of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI)-Kodai 2002.
5) Rhinoplasty an advanced esthetic surgery and its scope in Maxillofacial Surgery. Asia Pacific conference and Annual national conference of the Association of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI)- Mumbai 2002.
6) A flow Chart for Diagnosis and treatment Plan of Temporo Mandibular Joint dislocations. Annual national conference of the Association of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI)- Mangalore 2003
7) Distraction osteogenesis of maxillofacial skeleton A new Horizon. – Harmony 2004- Govt Dental College Mumbai
- Original Research- Analysis of efficacy of vertical distraction osteogenesis with and without guided bone regeneration in augmentation of deficient alveolar ridges .
- Evaluation of Neurosensory Deficits of the Facial Region Following Major
- Maxillofacial Surgery.- J Res Adv Dent 2014; 3:3S:87-90.-Journal of research and advancement in Dentistry.
- PRP: Indispensable to advanced dental Implantology -Express Healthcare Dec11,2014
- Academic achievements-
- All India Post Graduate Entrance Exam 2001- 32nd Rank in the very first Attempt
- Karnataka State Post-Graduate Entrance Exam 2000- 18th Rank in the very First Attempt
- M.D.S- University 1st Rank in Oral Surgery. (Gold Medalist.)
References – Available on Request.
- Work Experience:
at K.L.E Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences, Yeshwantpur Suburb, Bangalore as Junior Lecturer (Tutor) from March 1999 to May 2001
The job involves teaching theoretical and Practical aspects of dentistry to dental students in various Departments of the Institute on rotational basis and patient management in each of the departments.
Worked at Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai as a Senior Lecturer
Teaching the Undergraduate Students, Theoretical and practical aspects of Exodontia, Local anesthesia, sedation and the management of the associated complications and various other aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Worked at Daswani Dental College and Hospital, Kota Rajasthan as Head of the Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
The most effective treatment for tooth replacement is placing a dental implant. An oral surgeon places a small titanium post in the jaw to anchor the replacement tooth. After it has healed, your dentist will place a crown, and the result is a natural-looking, fully functioning permanent tooth.
In some cases, a patient may choose a dental bridge to replace missing teeth. A bridge is different than an implant in that the artificial replacement teeth are affixed to the teeth adjacent to the gap rather than an implant post. An implant-supported bridge is an option when there is more than one tooth missing. Implants are placed on each side of the gap, restored with a crown, and the remaining replacement teeth are attached to the implants.
11197, Canyon Crescent
Delta, British Columbia
Canada Zip Code - V4E2R6
Phone: +1 4373467700
The office is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, BC Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm for lunch